3 Ideas For Spring Home Improvement Projects In Boston, MA
Leo Tolstoy said, “Spring is the time of plans and projects.” If you’re like me, every spring you want to swing open and clean out the cobwebs to get your house looking its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Boston to get your home looking like new.
1. Perform A Spring Checkup For Safety And Energy Efficiency
Spring is one of the best times to make sure your home’s systems are working properly for the coming summer months. Here are some things you should inspect every spring in Boston:
- HVAC System. Run a test on your air conditioning system to ensure that it’s ready for summer. Change out your furnace and air conditioning filters so that your HVAC system is energy efficient. Some HVAC companies will do this service for a small fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Test your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms to keep your home and loved ones safe. Put fresh batteries in your alarms every spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Check the caulking around doors, windows, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for holes or cracks. Replace the caulking if needed. Add window treatments, including plantation shutters, to increase the energy efficiency of your windows. Open and close each window to ensure that they can easily move.
2. Deep Clean Your House So That It Shines
If you want to see your house really shine, give it a deep clean. Begin by decluttering your rooms to open up the area. After that, clean surfaces you don’t scrub regularly including kitchen and bathroom walls, baseboards, floors, and ceiling fans. Shine up your bathroom and kitchen fixtures. Move your furniture to clean under and behind it and then vacuum your furniture as well.
Brighten your home by cleaning your windows. Scrub your windows and screens to remove dirt and smudges. Clean your shades and draperies and wipe down your shutters. You can give your blinds a new look with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Give Your Rooms a New Look By Redecorating
After your home is nice and clean, it’s time for the fun part: redecorating.
The easiest way to redecorate your home is to use what you already have. Rearrange your furniture to update the room’s look. You can also shop your house. This means you switch out the items you own between rooms. Bring in more color with colorful accessories, paint, and live plants.
If you’re ready to completely redo a room, then look through our idea gallery for inspiration. It’s full of photos of eye-catching rooms and window treatments for all areas of your house. Once you’ve decided on the style and color scheme for your room, you can add coordinating furniture, artwork, and accessories.
Window treatments are a simple thing to update that complements your existing furnishings and enhances your rooms. You can choose from a variety of shutters including plantation shutters, barn door shutters, and reclaimed wood shutters in addition to shades and blinds.
Get More Design Tips
Explore our design tips for more ideas for inspiration. And when you see a look and window treatment that you like, call us at 781-352-2205 or fill out the form below to set up a free in-home consultation. Our team of professionals will walk you through choosing the best window treatment to give your room a beautiful, fresh look this spring.